- MBBS (Singapore)
- M.Med (Internal Medicine)
- MRCP (UK), FRCP (Edinburgh)
- FAMS (Haematology)
- Specialist in Haematology
- Haematological Oncology, Palliative Medicine
- Dr Wong graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1990, was conferred Master of Medicine (Internal Medicine ) in 1995 and Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians (Edinburgh) in 2005.
- She obtained specialist accreditation in Haematology in 1999 and Fellowship of the Academy of Medicine (Haematology) in 2000.
- She was also accredited as a specialist in Palliative Medicine in 2010.
- Dr Wong was a Senior Consultant in the Department of Haematology, Singapore General Hospital and also Adjunct Assistant Professor, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, NUS and Adjunct Assistant Professor, Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School.
- Her interest is in Malignant Haematology (leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, myelodysplastic syndrome) and Myeloproliferative Disorders. Trained in the world renowned MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, Dr Wong spearheaded the setup of the Leukemia Registry and the Myeloproliferative Disorders Registry in the Department of Haematology, Singapore General Hospital and developed leukemia protocols, antibiotics and antifungal guidelines for immunocompromised hosts. Besides authoring patient guidebooks on Leukemia, Lymphoma and Febrile Neutropenia, she had also published extensively on Malignant Haematology and Myeloproliferative Disorders and conducted multiple trials in these areas.
- Dr Wong is also experienced in the management of patients with bleeding and coagulation disorders, such as deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and hypercoagulable disorders. General Haematology problems, such as iron deficiency anaemia, thrombocytopenia (eg ITP) or low white cell count and all other problems related to abnormalities in the full blood count can be comprehensively investigated, diagnosed and managed. Dr Wong is a member of the Singapore Medical Association, Singapore Society of Haematology, American Society of Haematology and European Haematology Association. Besides contributing actively in Advisory Boards, Dr Wong is also a reviewer for medical and haematology journals and has also been appointed as examiner in multiple medical examinations. She has won multiple academic and scientific awards at national and international scientific meetings and has also been awarded the Excellent Service Award and Star Award for eight consecutive years.
Health articles shared by Dr Wong Gee Chuan
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Wong Gee Chuan View All
No questions found