Christopher Chen Centre For Reproductive Medicine
6A Napier Road #04-38
Gleneagles Annexe Block
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Queensland, Australia
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists, United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Dr Christopher Chen has been in the field of infertility and in-vitro fertilisation (IVF) for many years. He pioneered IVF in Australia in 1982, producing the world’s first IVF triplets in 1983 and was the first to successfully freeze the human egg in 1986, which led to the establishment of egg banks worldwide. He has also established various specialised techniques of laparoscopic surgery for the treatment of female diseases including large fibroids, adenomyosis, ovarian cysts and endometriosis and the correction of fallopian tube disorders as well as varicoceles in males.
- He obtained his Doctor of Medicine degree at the University of Queensland, Australia, and also his higher Obstetrics & Gynaecology Specialist degree at the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in London. Dr Chen taught as a professor at the National University of Singapore before moving to Flinders University in Australia as a senior lecturer. Since then, he has taught at many universities as professor and consultant. He is currently the world president of the International College of Surgeons, as well as the president of its Singapore section.
- Being actively involved in clinical and research work in reproductive medicine, Dr Chen publishes scientific papers and speaks at many international and local meetings and conferences. He is also the editor-in-chief of the journal, International Surgery, of the International College of Surgeons, USA.
- Dr. Chen’s clinical interests include infertility and in-vitro fertilisation (IVF). Other conditions he treats include adenomyosis, endometriosis, fibroids, ovarian cysts, pelvic infections, tubal obstructions and varicocoele. He also performs laparoscopic cystectomies, laparoscopic myomectomies and laparoscopic varicocoelectomies.
Health articles shared by Dr Chen Yun Hian, Christopher
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chen Yun Hian, Christopher
No questions found