Nobel ENT Head Neck & Thyroid Surgery Centre
6 Napier Road #04-15
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery - MBBS - Imperial College of Science, Tech. & Med, United Kingdom, 1996
- Bachelor of Science - B.Sc (Hons) - U of London, United Kingdom, 1995
- Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) England, United Kingdom, 2000
- The Royal College of Surgeons of England - DLO (RCSEng),
- Doctor of Medicine - MD
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons - FRCS (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine - FAMS (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Dr Christopher Hobbs is an ear, nose, throat (ENT) specialist currently practicing at Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. His clinical interests include thyroid and parathyroid surgery, head & neck cancer, laryngology (swallowing & airway problems, voice disorders and chronic cough), ENT problems associated with SCUBA diving, and paediatric ENT.
- Dr Christopher Hobbs underwent surgical training in London, Bristol and Birmingham and spent two years as a clinical research fellow under the mentorship of Professor Martin Birchall, one of world's leading laryngeal specialists. This culminated in the award of a medical doctorate from the University of Bristol and a Hunterian Professorship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England.
- Dr Hobbs spent two years in Australia where he completed Advanced Fellowship training in Head & Neck Surgery and Laryngology/Voice at St.Vincent's Hospital in Sydney, and Head & Neck Oncology at the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre in Melbourne. As well as having extensive experience in adult ENT surgery, Dr Hobbs is fully trained in paediatric ENT, having worked at The Royal Hospital for Children in Bristol and Birmingham Children’s Hospital in the UK.
- Dr Hobbs was first appointed as a consultant with Western Health in Melbourne in 2009. He has been practising in Singapore since 2011, first as a consultant in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology at Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH), and more recently as chief of the Head & Neck Cancer service at TTSH. In addition to obtaining his Ministry of Health board certification to practice as an ENT surgeon in Singapore, Dr Hobbs has been on the General Medical Council’s Specialist Register in the UK since 2008.
- Since being in Singapore, he has continued to develop his skills in head and neck surgery by completing advanced training in transoral robotic surgery (TORS) and robotic thyroidectomy in Hong Kong and South Korea. He was subsequently part of the first team to perform TORS at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. In addition to that, Dr Hobbs is fully accredited and trained in laser surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, coblation techniques and sialoendoscopy.
- Dr Hobbs is highly committed to research and teaching. He has published widely on all aspects of otolaryngology/ head & neck surgery and has presented academic papers in the Australia, Canada, Europe, USA and the UK. During his time in Australia, Dr Hobbs was in charge of undergraduate otolaryngology teaching at the Western Hospital Campus of the University of Melbourne and was shortlisted for Tutor of the Year Award. He was formerly adjunct assistant professor with the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, and clinical senior lecturer at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
- Vandervell Research Fellowship, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- ENT UK / Clinical Otolaryngology Review Prize
- Hunterian Professorship, Royal College of Surgeons of England
- HCA International Foundation Travelling Scholarship
- Ellison-Cliffe Travelling Fellowship, Royal Society of Medicine
- Journal of Laryngology & Otology Travelling Fellowship
- The Xomed-Treace Prize, Otolaryngological Research Society
- Royal Society of Medicine Section of Laryngology & Rhinology Research Prize
- Lionel Colledge Memorial Fellowship, Royal College of Surgeons of England
Health articles shared by Dr Christopher Geoffrey Laurence Hobbs
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Christopher Geoffrey Laurence Hobbs
No questions found