Eagle Eye Centre @ Mount Elizabeth
3 Mount Elizabeth #08-02
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Eagle Eye Centre @ Gleneagles
6 Napier Road #06-16
Gleneagles Medical Centre
Eagle Eye Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #08-22/23/24
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
Eagle Eye Centre (Parkway East)
319 Joo Chiat Place #05-03
Parkway East Medical Centre
- MBBS (NUS, Singapore) 1992
- M Med (Ophth) (NUS, Singapore) 1998
- FRCSEd (Ophth) (RCS, Edinburgh, United Kingdom) 1998
- FRCOphth (RCOphth, United Kingdom) 1998
- Dr Julian Theng is an ophthalmologist with about 15 years of experience, and currently practises out of his clinics at Mount Elizabeth Novena, Mount Elizabeth and Parkway East Hospitals. He specialises in caring for patients with cataract and presbyopia conditions through advanced surgical procedures.
- Upon his graduation (MBBS, 1992), Dr Theng attained his post-graduate degree in Ophthalmology (M Med, 1998). That same year he was inducted as a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons (Ophthalmology) in Edinburgh as well as of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists in London. The latter also incorporated a special module in optics and refraction.
- Prior to moving on to private practice, Dr Theng was a consultant at the Singapore National Eye Centre. During his tenure, he served as the Deputy Director of the Singapore Eye Bank. His work in the areas of the cornea, cataract and refractive surgeries was also frequently consulted upon while he was at the Centre. In 2004, he was one of two surgeons in Singapore who was involved in the region's first breakthrough “tooth-in-eye" surgery, which helped restore the sight of a blind teenager.
- Dr Theng is well-regarded for his expertise in performing multifocal Intra-Ocular Lens (IOL) implant surgeries for the treatment of presbyopia. In 2008, he was the only Singapore ophthalmologist to be selected to conduct the Phase 4 clinical trial for the FDA approval of a new multifocal lens implant. He also became the first in Asia to implant the Alcon Cache phakic lens for high myopia correction in 2010.
- Sharing knowledge is an aspect of practising medicine that Dr Theng firmly believes in. He is a much sought-after speaker who has spoken at various international conferences such as the World Ophthalmology Congress. His main course or lecture topic centres on the technique and technology of multifocal implantations and presbyopia treatment.
- Dr Theng is well-published ophthalmologist with several scientific papers in peer-reviewed journals to his name. He is also the author of “A Long Sighted Look at Presbyopia (Lau Hua Yan): Facts, Fiction and Hope”, a charity initiative that benefits the Straits Times Pocket Money Fund. Dr Theng is also a member of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Cataract & Refractive Surgery Today
Health articles shared by Dr Theng Thiam Siew, Julian
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Theng Thiam Siew, Julian
No questions found