6A Napier Road #02-42
Gleneagles Annexe Block
38 Irrawaddy Road #07-31
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
3 Mount Elizabeth #06-03
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Master of Medicine, National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Dr Leslie Leong is an orthopaedic specialist practising at Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. His clinical interests include adult reconstruction and joint replacement surgery.
- Dr Leong graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1991. He obtained his Master of Medicine (Surgery) and Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1997.
- In 2001, he was awarded the Ministry of Health Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) scholarship to train at the Toronto Western Hospital in adult reconstruction in hip and knee arthroplasty. He extended his stay to further his training in various hospitals, including Mount Sinai Hospital, the Orthopaedic and Arthritis Institute, and the London Health Sciences Centre.
- Upon his return to Singapore, Dr Leong established the Adult Reconstruction Service in Changi General Hospital and pioneered the use of minimally invasive surgery in hip and knee arthroplasty, computer assisted surgery, alternative bearings in hip and knee replacement, various forms of partial knee replacement, revision arthroplasty and multi-modal pain management.
- In the field of research and training, he was the Principal Investigator in two ongoing clinical drug trials (Phase II and III) on prevention of deep vein thrombosis after total knee replacement. He has also conducted courses and given lectures on many aspects of osteoporosis and hip and knee surgery. With respect to patient care, he has both chaired and assisted various projects aimed at enhancing patient safety and has attended Joint Commission International Advanced Practicum for Accreditation, Quality Improvement and Patient Safety in Chicago in 2007.
- Prior to entering private practice, he was a consultant and director of the Adult Reconstruction Service at the Changi General Hospital. He is a visiting consultant to Changi General Hospital, St Andrews Community Hospital and Spastic Children’s Association of Singapore, and a clinical lecturer at the NUS Faculty of Medicine. He has also contributed his spare time to medical missions in Indonesia in recent years.
Health articles shared by Dr Leong Chi Sern, Leslie
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Leong Chi Sern, Leslie View All
No questions found