Philip Eng Respiratory & Medical Clinic
3 Mount Elizabeth #14-14
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Science, National University of Singapore
- Masters of Medicine (Internal Med), Singapore
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore
- Fellow of the American College of Chest Physicians, US
- Fellow of the American College of Physicians, US
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of London, UK
- Dr Philip Eng is a respiratory specialist practising in Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Singapore. He specialises in the evaluation and treatment of lung cancer, pneumonia, chronic cough, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pleural effusion. He has special interests in intensive care management, bronchoscopy and chest radiology.
- Dr Eng graduated from the National University of Singapore in 1984 and subsequently completed his masters degree in medicine in 1989, specialising in internal medicine. He went on to pursue advanced training in pulmonary and critical care medicine at the Cleveland Clinic Foundation and the University of California in San Diego, USA. In 1997, he was appointed as Head of the Department of Respiratory & Critical Care Medicine at the Singapore General Hospital. At the age of 37, he was one of the youngest department heads in Singapore at the time.
- Dr Eng has published more than 120 peer reviewed articles and books. In 2005, he published a book called ‘Chest X-rays: Illustrated with 100 cases’ in collaboration with Cambridge University Press, which sold more than 5000 copies within 2 years. He has lectured in many countries including USA, China, Japan, Korea, Australia, India, Malaysia, Brunei, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam and the Philippines.
- Local Merit Scholarship at the University of Singapore, 1979 - 1984
- Fellowship in Masters of Medicine (Internal Medicine), 1989
- Laderle Preceptorship Program Fellow at New York University, USA 1993
- SAF National Service Medal, 2000
- SAF Good Service Medal, 2003
- The Courage Star, 2003
Health articles shared by Dr Eng Cher Tiew, Philip
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Eng Cher Tiew, Philip View All
No questions found