Charles Chan Heart Clinic
6 Napier Road #02-02
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- MBBCh BAO, First Class Honours, National University of Ireland
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Physicians, Ireland
- Licentiate of the Royal College of Surgeons, Ireland
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (Cardiology)
- Accredited Board Specialist in Cardiology (Singapore)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Fellow of the American College of Cardiology, USA
- Dr Charles Chan obtained his Bachelors of Medicine, graduating with first class honours, from the University of Ireland, followed by a Masters in Surgery. He then proceeded to study Cardiology and became the accredited Board Specialist in Cardiology, Singapore in 1989.
- Prior to practicing privately, Dr. Chan was previously the Senior Consultant Cardiologist & Director for Adult Diagnostic & Interventional Cardiac Catheterisation Laboratories at the National Heart Centre in Singapore. Dr Chan has also been very actively involved in medical education and research. He was the Clinical Associate Professor in Medicine at the National University of Singapore. He was also previously a Clinical Lecturer in Medicine (Cardiology) at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland, UK.
- Over the years, he has peer-reviewed many journals in the field of medicine & cardiology like Singapore Medical Journal and Catheterization and Cardiovascular Diagnosis. He has also been a peer reviewer for other major journals such as Specialist Advisory Panel of Annals, Academy of Medicine and International Journal of Cardiology. Dr Chan has also been a very prominent figure in the field of clinical research. He is the principal investigator for various device researches like NUGGET Trial, PHARAO, APATEST- Terumo stent trial, etc. He is also the member of the Steering Committee as well as the principal investigator for a pharmacologic research called HERO-2 study.
- Some of the conditions he treats are adult congenital heart disease, cardiac syncope, cardiac arrhythmia, chronic heart failure, dilated cardiomyopathy, dyslipidaemia, hypertension, hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and valvular heart disease. He also performs aortic valvuloplasty, carotid artery stenting, chronic total occlusions (CTOs), complex PTCA and coronary stenting, left main stenting, mitral valvuloplasty, peripheral artery angioplasty and stentings, renal artery ablation, renal artery stenting, septal ablation and transradial coronary intervention.
- 1980, 1982 First Prize, Hospital Examination in Medicine, St Laurence's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- 1980, 1982 First Price, Hospital Examination in Surgery, St Laurence's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- 1982 Desmond Lyons Gold Medal, St Laurence's Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
- Leonard Abrahamson Gold Medal, Royal College of Surgeons, Dublin, Ireland
- 1991 Ministry of Health Health Manpower Development Plan Scholarship Award (Cardiology)
Health articles shared by Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chan Wah Hak Nien Shen Charles
No questions found