Cardiothoracic Surgical Centre Singapore
3 Mount Elizabeth #17-18
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Melvin Tan Cardiology Practice
38 Irrawaddy Road #06-40
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MRCP (Ireland)
- FAMS (Cardiology)
- Dr. Melvin Tan has been a practising cardiologist for the past thirteen years, and is now a consultant cardiologist in private practice with visiting appointments at the National University Hospital and National Heart Centre in Singapore.
- His medical career began when he graduated with a Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.,B.S.) degree at the National University of Singapore in 1983. After rotations in general medicine and emergency medicine, he obtained his specialist degree from the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland (R.C.P.I.) and was conferred a member of the college. He commenced his specialist training in cardiology at the Singapore General Hospital's Department of Cardiology in 1991. This culminated in a year of sub-specialty training in Interventional cardiology at the world-renowned Duke University Medical Centre from 1995-1996. There he trained with the nation's foremost cardiologists in a then fast-growing and fast-developing field of cardiac interventions, which included balloon angioplasty, stenting and other novel and cutting-edge devices.
- Dr. Tan moved into private practice in 1996, and set up his own clinic two years later, in order to fulfill his vision to independently bring state-of-the-art, yet affordable, cardiology care and treatment to as many individuals as possible. In 1998, he was appointed visiting consultant at the National Heart Centre, and in 2000, he was invited to be the only one of five cardiologists to be visiting consultant to the National University Hospital.
- Although his main area of interest is the non-surgical treatment of coronary artery disease through interventional devices, Dr. Tan also manages and treats patients with a wide range of heart-related disorders. These include hypertension, hyperlipidemia (high cholesterol), valvular heart disease, heart failure, heart rhythm abnormalities and weight management problems.
- Local Merit Bursary from the Public Service Commission, Republic of Singapore, to study Medicine at the National University of Singapore 1978-1983
- 2nd Prize in the Young Investigators' Award Competition at the 5th Annual Scientific meeting of the Singapore Cardiac Society in 1993
- Fellowship in Interventional Cardiology at Duke University Medical Centre, 1995-1996
- Visiting Consultant Cardiologist at the National University Hospital
- Dr. Tan is an accomplished speaker and presenter and has been invited to speak on hypertension, hyperlipidemia and the management of coronary artery disease at numerous international and regional meetings.
Health articles shared by Dr Tan Eng Hock, Melvin
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Tan Eng Hock, Melvin View All
No questions found