Peter Yan Cardiology Clinic
6 Napier Road #04-10
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- MBBS (Singapore)
- M Med (Int Med, Singapore)
- FAMS (Cardiology, Singapore)
- Dr Peter Yan is a cardiologist with more than 25 years of experience, and currently practises out of his clinics at Mount Elizabeth Novena and Gleneagles Hospitals. He specialises in caring for patients through interventional cardiology and implantation of stents.
- Upon his graduation (MBBS, 1976), Dr Yan attained his post-graduate degree in Internal Medicine (M Med, 1981). He then underwent Cardiology Advanced Specialty Training at Alfred Hospital in Australia for two years, where he sub-specialised in invasive and interventional cardiology particularly for the treatment of coronary artery disease, acute myocardial infarction and acute coronary syndrome. He was later inducted as a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine Singapore (Cardiology).
- Prior to moving on to private practice, Dr Yan was a senior consultant cardiologist at the Department of Cardiology at the National University Hospital. During his tenure, he introduced Coronary Angioplasty and the Coronary Stent Programmes to the hospital. He also served as an Associate Professor at the Department of Medicine at the National University of Singapore.
- A well respected figure in the cardiology circle, Dr Yan has addressed many regional and international cardiology conventions and has lectured extensively in the Asia Pacific region. He is particularly devoted to and strongly advocates public health education and frequently gives talks and demonstrations to the community. The Singapore Mass CPR Training was one such programme, which he a pioneering member of. Dr Yan has also been actively involved in numerous community events including the activities of the National Heart Week. He chaired the annual event in 1988 and 1991.
- A widely-published cardiologist, Dr Yan has numerous international and local journal papers to his name. He was previously a member of the Editorial Boards of the ASEAN Heart Journal and the Singapore Medical Journal. He was also Co-Editor of “Coronary Artery Disease: The Singapore Perspective” and Editor-in-Chief of the Course book for the 11th Live Demonstration Course in Cardiovascular Intervention, 2002.
- Dr Yan’s dedication to the field of cardiology is multi-fold. He has contributed through several positions including President of the Singapore Cardiac Society (1993 – 1994), Vice-Chairman of the Singapore National Heart Association (1992 - 1993), Scientific Chairman of the National Heart Week (1992 and 1993), member of the National Committee on Cardiac Care (2000 – 2002), Deputy-Chairman of the 13th ASEAN Congress of Cardiology (2000) and Deputy Chairman of the Organising Committee of the 14th Asia Pacific Congress of Cardiology (2004). He was also a member of the working group for National Guidelines and Consensus Statement in Acute Coronary Syndrome, Coronary Intervention and Coronary CT angiogram. He is a member of the American Heart Association (Clinical Cardiology, Cardiopulmonary Critical Care and Epidemiology) and the International Andreas Gruentzig Society as well as an associate member of the Australia/New Zealand Cardiac Society. Research is another aspect of medicine that Dr Yan has a keen interest in. His current research interest includes evaluation of new drug-eluting stents, new device treatment of high blood pressure, lipid intervention and assessment of the vulnerability of the atheromatous plaque. He also has special interest in lifestyle modifications and intervention. Dr Yan’s far-reaching reputation precedes him around the globe. He serves as the choice cardiologist and physician for several diplomatic staff in the ASEAN region.
Health articles shared by Dr Yan Chee Hong, Peter
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Yan Chee Hong, Peter
No questions found