Glen Arden Endocrinology Specialist Clinic Pte Ltd
6 Napier Road #03-02
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- MRCP (UK)
- FRCP (Edinburgh)
- Dr Richard Chen is a specialist in Diabetes, Thyroid Disorders and General Endocrinology. He graduated with the degrees of MBBS from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1991. Thereafter, he attained Membership to The Royal College of Physicians (United Kingdom) in 1999 and qualified as a Specialist Physician in 2004, with dual accreditation in Endocrinology and Internal Medicine. He was elected to the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh as well as the Fellowship of Academy of Medicine, Singapore, in 2009. Dr Chen was appointed Chief of Endocrinology at Changi General Hospital (CGH), Singapore, from 2008-2014. He was elected President of the Endocrine & Metabolic Society of Singapore (EMSS) from 2010-2012, having served in various executive positions in the EMSS since 2005. Dr Chen has also served on the Specialist Training Committee for Endocrinology in the Ministry of Health from 2009-2014.
- Besides Diabetes and Thyroid disorders, Dr Chen has a special interest in Testosterone Deficiency Syndrome in men and the Endocrinology of Aging, particularly in the area of Andropause, for which he spent a sabbatical year in 2003 at the Royal Adelaide Hospital, South Australia, to pursue this interest. Dr Chen initiated an exclusive clinical service in Men’s Health and Andropause in Singapore that has been on-going since 2006. He is recognised by his peers as a content specialist in this field, having been invited to speak at numerous scientific meetings on Andropause and Diabetes, and authored more than 20 publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Apart from clinical work, Dr Chen actively promotes medical education, receiving the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence for 2007/2008. Dr Chen was appointed Associate Program Director of the SingHealth Internal Medicine Residency programme from 2009-2013, as well as Core Faculty for the SingHealth Endocrinology Residency from 2012-2014, during which he received an award for Outstanding Faculty. He was also Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duke-NUS from 2010-2012. Since 2007, Dr Chen has been instrumental in organizing the Course in Advanced Endocrinology jointly with the EMSS and The Mayo Clinic of USA, an international bi-annual meeting.
- 2014 Best Educator Award Medical – Postgraduate (Residency), CGH
- 2013 Gold Award, Eastern Health Alliance Caring Awards
- 2012 Gold Award, Singapore Health Quality Service Award
- 2012 Best Service Award, CGH
- 2011 Gold Award, Singapore Health Quality Service Award
- 2009 Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine Dean’s Award for Teaching Excellence for AY2007/2008
Health articles shared by Dr Chen Yuan Tud, Richard
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chen Yuan Tud, Richard View All
No questions found