Singapore Gastroenterology & Liver Internist Centre
6A Napier Road #03-37B
Gleneagles Annexe Block
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians, Glasgow
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja is a specialist in gastroenterology, hepatology and internal medicine with 25 years of extensive clinical experience. He currently practices in Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore.
- Dr Dede offers comprehensive diagnostic tests as well as therapeutic services ranging from treatment of dypepsia, food intolerances, irritable bowel syndrome, and GERD (Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease). Conditions he treats also include constipation, diarrhoea, dyspepsia, fatty liver, Hepatitis B & C, inflammatory bowel disease, liver cirrhosis and cancer, and rectal bleeding. He performs colonoscopy, endoscopic removal of bile duct stones and bile duct stent insertion, ERCP (Imaging of the gallbladder/ bile ducts), OGD (oesophago-gastroduodenoscopy / gastroscopy), and the therapeutic endoscopic removal of polyps or early tumours of the gastrointestinal tract. Dr Dede also performs enteroscopy, endoscopy therapy for gastro-intestinal bleeding, percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy and immunotherapy for inflammatory bowel diseases, colorectal cancer. He has continuous treatment programmes for chronic Hepatitis B & C, fatty liver, drug induced liver injury, liver cancer and liver transplantation.
- Dr Dede was the expert witness for the SLIM 10 drug-induced liver failure case that involved Singaporean celebrity Andrea de Cruz. He has authored and co-authored various local & overseas medical journals, especially on the treatments of various types of liver diseases, including giving numerous public talks on these subjects in languages that he is proficient with, namely English, Mandarin, Bahasa Indonesia/ Malay.
- Between 1999 and 2001, Dr Dede was awarded 2 scholarships by the Ministry of Health - firstly at the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Birmingham UK, to undergo specialized training in hepatology & liver transplantation, which then was followed by an advanced training in therapeutic & complex endoscopic procedures at the renowned Amsterdam Medical Centre in Holland. Dr Dede served as a specialist in internal medicine, gastroenterology and hepatology for almost 20 years in Singapore's restructured hospitals. Prior to joining Gleneagles Hospital, Dr Dede's last appointment was as senior consultant in National University Hospital for many years.
- Besides his academic and clinical achievements, Dr Dede is known for his empathic and personalised care for his patients, as recognized at the national level by the many Gold Medallist Service Awards he received from Spring Singapore for his outstanding service. Dr Dede is compassionate & passionate about his healing profession, ensuring close rapport and effective communication with all his patients, who can be assured of cost-effective therapy that is delivered with Dr Dede’s unique special touch.
- Health Manpower Development Programme Fellowship (1999 - 2000)
- Singapore Excellent Service Award - Gold (2004 - 2008)
Health articles shared by Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Dede Selamat Sutedja
No questions found