- 1992 - 1997 The University of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Membership of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Ophthalmology, 2003
- Master of Medicine, National University of Singapore, 2004
- Fellowship of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Ophthalmology, Jun 2008
- Fellowship of Academy of Medicine, Singapore, Aug 2009
- Postgraduate Diploma in Cataract and Refractive Surgery, University of Ulster, Ireland, May 2010
- Cataract and Refractive Surgery Fellowship, Singapore National Eye Centre, Nov 2009 - May 2010
- Fellowship in Cataract Surgery with Dr Robert Osher and Dr Michael Snyder at Cincinnati Eye Institute, Ohio, USA, Jul - Aug 2014
- Dr Daphne Han is the Medical Director and Consultant Ophthalmologist at SMG Vision Center, Gleneagles Hospital.
- Dr Han embraces judicious use of meaningful technologies in eyecare. She is skilled in an extensive range of subspecialty cataract, lens implant and refractive procedures. She is a certified surgeon for Humanoptics artificial iris, trained by USA’s FDA investigator. She was previously Consultant Ophthalmologist at SNEC Cataract and Comprehensive Ophthalmology and Refractive Surgery Departments, and Adjunct Assistant Professor at Duke-NUS.
- Dr Han lectured and taught cataract surgery and LASIK to fellow doctors. A clinician investigator at Singapore Eye Research Institute, she was awarded an NMRC grant in myopia research. She authored scientific articles and textbook, and presented and chaired sessions at local and international meetings.
- Dr Han held scholarships since age 15 (ASEAN, PSA and Australian Equity and Merit Scholarships). In 1997, she graduated from University of Melbourne Medical School. Thereafter, she trained in several hospitals in England including Neurosurgery
at Addenbrookes Hospital, Cambridge. She was first choice candidate for London’s King’s and St. Thomas’ Hospital Ophthalmology rotations in 2000. She joined SNEC in 2001, where she served for 14 years. She was awarded Singhealth excellence and long service awards.
- In 2013, she understudied Professor Theo Seiler, inventor of corneal cross-linking and world renowned ophthalmologist at the Institute of Refractive and Ophthalmic Surgery (IROC), Switzerland. She subsequently attended Cincinnati Eye Institute, USA in 2014 for an Observership in Cataracts and Anterior Segment Reconstruction with Dr Robert Osher and Dr Michael Snyder.
- Dr Han was previously editor of Chinese student publications at Raffles Girls’ Secondary and at university. She plays piano, loves the great outdoors and enjoys cycling and skiing.
- 2013 Singhealth Silver Service Award
- 1987 - 1988 ASEAN Scholarship for secondary studies at Raffles Girls’ Secondary School, Singapore. ASEAN Scholarship for pre-university studies at National Junior College, Singapore
- 1992 - 1997 AIDAB Equity and Merit Scholarship for medicine at The University of Melbourne, Australia
- 1997 Mavis Jackson Prize for Undergraduate Studies awarded by the International House, University of Melbourne
Health articles shared by Dr Han Chuk Yin Daphne
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Han Chuk Yin Daphne
No questions found