Dr Alicia Eye Specialist
6 Napier Road #10-06
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- MBBS (Singapore)
- MRCSEd (UK, Ophthalmology)
- MMED (Singapore Ophthalmology)
- FRCEd (UK, Ophthalmology)
- FAMS (Ophthalmology)
- Dr Alicia How, a senior consultant ophthalmologist and is a Ministry of Health-accredited ophthalmologist with more than 16 years of medical experience. She subpecializes in glaucoma. Prior to setting up The Eye Surgery Partners, Dr How was a consultant ophthalmologist at the glaucoma unit of the Singapore National Eye Centre and a visiting consultant at the Department of Ophthalmology at Changi General Hospital. In addition, she was an adjunct assistant Professor at Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School, Adjunct Clinician Investigator at the Singapore Eye Research Institute and a clinical tutor at the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine, National University of Singapore. She now pratices at Dr Alicia Eye Specialist clinic.
- Dr Alicia How completed her medical training at the National University of Singapore. During that year, she was awarded the Dean’s list award for the Final Professional degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery and obtained the Nestle Gold medal in Paediatrics. She became a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh and obtained her specialist accreditation as an Ophthalmologist after her specialist exams. She is a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS) and the Academy of Medicine, Singapore (FAMS). Subsequently, Dr How pursued her subspecialty interest in glaucoma at the University of Melbourne and did research on wound healing and novel surgical devices for glaucoma at the Centre for Eye Research, Australia. There, she worked with world-renowned experts in this field. She was also involved in the care of glaucoma patients at the Royal Victorian Eye and Ear Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
- Throughout her career, Dr How has been actively involved in research and has published more than 20 scientific papers in international peer-reviewed journals. Total research grants awarded to Dr How as principal investigator and co-investigator for her research projects amount to more than $750,000. In addition, she has been invited to give numerous lectures in her field of expertise both locally and internationally, notably at the European Vision and Eye Research Meeting 2011 and at the Asia-Pacific Glaucoma Congress 2012.
- Her accomplishments include being awarded the Ministry of Health Manpower Development Programme Award (2008), SNEC 18th Anniversary International Meeting-Best Free paper award (2008), World Glaucoma Congress travel grant award (2009), SNEC Clinician Investigator Award (2009) Singhealth Quality Service Silver Award (2009).
- Dr How has also been actively involved in volunteer work, to contribute to society with the skills that she has been given. She has performed cataract surgery in Sri Lanka with the Buddhist Compassion Relief Tzu Chi Foundation.
- Dean's List award Final Professional MBBS (1999)
- Nestle Gold Medal in Paediatrics (1999)
- Ministry of Health Manpower Development Programme Award (2008)
- SNEC 18th Anniversary International Meeting-Best Free paper award (2008)
- World Glaucoma Congress travel grant award (2009)
- SNEC Clinician Investigator Award (2009)
- Singhealth Quality Service Silver Award (2009)
Health articles shared by Dr How Su Wei, Alicia Claire
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr How Su Wei, Alicia Claire
No questions found