Eagle Eye Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #08-22/23/24
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
Eagle Eye Centre @ Gleneagles
6 Napier Road #06-16
Gleneagles Medical Centre
Eagle Eye Centre (Parkway East)
319 Joo Chiat Place #05-03
Parkway East Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, UK
Master of Medicine (Ophthalmology), National University of Singapore
Fellow of the Academy of Medicine
- Dr Stephen Teoh, a consultant Ophthalmologist, specialises in both surgical retina (including retinal detachment repair, macular hole surgery, diabetic vitrectomy, diagnostic vitrectomy etc) and medical vitreoretinal diseases (including management of age-related macular degeneration, retinal vascular disorders, diabetic retinopathy etc). He is also trained in the diagnosis and management of uveitis and ocular inflammatory diseases, including immunosuppression with biologics and surgical diagnostic biopsies.
- Dr Teoh graduated from the National University of Singapore (NUS) in 1998 and completed his Ophthalmology training with a Masters degree in Ophthalmology (2003) and obtained his Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCSEd) and Academy of Medicine (FAMS) in 2005. He undertook dual subspecialty training in both vitreoretina (surgical and medical) and uveitis, ocular immunology and inflammation under the HMDP Fellowship at the Bristol Eye Hospital, UK with Professor Andrew Dick in 2006. He also underwent a further clinical observership in HIV-related ocular inflammation at the Wilmer Eye Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD, USA in January 2007
- He is also well-versed in Comprehensive Ophthalmology including complex cataract surgeries, refractive surgery with wavefront, toric and multifocal IOLs, and pterygium excision with conjunctival graft (fibrin glue). He still runs uveitis and vitreoretinal clinics at the Tan Tock Seng Hospital and Khoo Teck Puat Hospital as well as the Singapore Communicable Disease Centre (CDC). Dr Teoh has also been invited to be an Ophthalmic advisor and teacher to the Harvard Medical School AIDS Initiative in Vietnam (HAIVN) CMV Retinitis Project since May 2009.
- Dr Teoh is currently a Senior Consultant and Head of Ocular inflammation and uveitis service as well as the Head of Research at the National Healthcare Group Eye Institute at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. He has been invited to present at numerous local and international conferences, and has over 50 publications in peer-reviewed journals. He is a Section Editor for BMC Ophthalmology journal, and a reviewer for numerous peer-reviewed journals. His main areas of interests include HIV Ophthalmology and infectious uveitides. In addition, he holds several national and local grants of over $1.5m and is involved in several pharmaceutical trials and collaborative clinical research with A*Star, SERI and other restructured hospitals in Singapore. He also sits on various Research committees in NHG as well as the research ethics committee of the NHG Domain Specific Review Board.
- He is a clinical senior lecturer for the Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine at the National University of Singapore, and is a Clinical Faculty at the University of Manchester-Singapore Polytechnic Optometry Degree Programme. He gives regular educational lectures at public symposia, nursing staff at the Nanyang Polytechnic as well as at Ophthalmology National Continuing Medical Education lectures to residents, trainees and peers. Clinically he has supervised and trained several vitreoretinal Fellows from around the region.
Health articles shared by Dr Teoh Charn Beng, Stephen
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Teoh Charn Beng, Stephen View All
No questions found