- M Med (Orthopaedic Surgery)
- FRCS (Edinburgh)
- Dr Roland Chong completed his medical degree at the National University of Singapore in 2001 when he received the Yeo Khuan Joo Gold Medal award in Surgery. Subsequently, he obtained his Master of Medicine in Orthopaedic Surgery from the National University of Singapore. He became a Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in Orthopaedic Surgery and was awarded the Singapore College of Surgeons Gold Medal in 2010.
- Prior to setting up his private practice, Dr Chong was previously a Consultant Orthopaedic, Shoulder and Elbow Surgeon at Changi General Hospital, and offers solutions for arthroscopic shoulder surgery, irreparable rotator cuff tears, elbow and shoulder trauma, rheumatoid arthritis and other degenerative conditions such as bipolar radial head replacements, total elbow and reverse shoulder replacements.
- He also treats acromioclavicular joint arthritis, acromioclavicular joint dislocation, fractures, bicep tendon injuries, golfer's elbow, labrum injuries, pectoralis major injuries, superior labrum anterior posterior tears (SLAP), suprascapular nerve impingement and tennis elbow.
- Besides research work, Dr Roland Chong was actively involved in local and overseas medical training. He currently reviews for the Singapore Medical Journal
- Yeo Khuan Joo Gold Medal award in Surgery 2001
N Balachandran Memorial Lecture Award winner 2009
Singapore College of Surgeons Gold Medal in 2010
Singapore Medical Journal Reviewer Recognition Award in 2011
Health articles shared by Dr Chong Weng Wah, Roland
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Chong Weng Wah, Roland View All
No questions found