Centre For Advanced Orthopaedics
3 Mount Elizabeth #03-10
Mount Elizabeth Medical Centre
Centre For Advanced Orthopaedics
38 Irrawaddy Road #05-39
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- MBBS (Singapore) 1982
- FRCSEd (Gen Surg) 1987
- FRCS (Gen Surg) (Glasg) 1988
- Dr Sarbjit Singh is a Senior Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who is locally and internationally renounced for his surgical expertise and advancement of orthopaedic surgery particularly in advanced techniques for Limb Reconstruction and Deformity Correction both in Paediatric and Adult patients. Dr Sarbjit completed his post graduate degree in 1987. He was subsequently awarded a clinical fellowship in Paediatric Orthopaedics and Limb Reconstruction at the world famous Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada in 1991. Upon his return, he was also trained in Joint Replacement and Orthopaedic Surgery at the Adult Reconstruction Division of Tan Tock Seng Hospital.
- He has presented and published at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeon and American Orthopaedic Research Society. He has conducted and run several courses and workshops on Joint Replacement Surgery, Limb Deformity Correction, Paediatric Orthoapedics locally and internationally. Dr Sarbjit was a Senior Consultant and Director at the Adult Reconstruction Service at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. He was also a visiting consultant to the Children's Orthopaedic Department at KK Women's Children Hospital, National University Hospital, Spastic Children's Association and Senior Clinical Lecture to the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore.
- He has extensive and in-depth experience in Minimally Invasive Surgery in the hip and knee replacement surgery, computer navigation surgery, mobile bearing knee replacement, uni-compartmental replacement, bi-compartmental knee replacement and hip resurfacing. He also specializes in complicated revision knee and hip surgery.
- In the field of Paediatric Orthopaedics, he has done extensive work on congenital hip and knee disorders, limb deformities, clubfeet, pediatric tumor and children trauma. He is a world leader in the field of Ilizarov surgery and limb lengthening. Dr Sarbjit was one of the founding. Presidents of the ASAMI ASEAN. He has won numerous awards for development of limb lengthening techniques and published extensively on these topics. He has extensive experience using external frame, lengthening over nail and intramedullary techniques (Fitbone/ISKD) for his patients. Of special mention are pioneering work in internal limb lengthening technique. He was the first surgeon to implant Fitbone in 2001 and ISKD in 2006.
- Dr Sarbjit has special interest in prosthesis development and technology. Together with Johnson and Johnson Medical, he was one of the International Surgeon involved in the design of the mobile-bearing knee prosthesis and was involved in a multicentre trial in 2006 for the design and evaluation of the mobile bearing knee. He also has developed circular fixation and monolateral frames together with Biomedical Division, SIM University and was awarded Adjunct Professor to SIM University Science and Technology Department from 2007-2010.
- Dr Sarbjit Singh has published numerous articles locally and internationally and contributed to book chapters listed in his detail CV. He has contributed to Basic Science research and won wards as finalist Young Investigator at SOA, Tan Tock Seng Hospital Annual Scientific Meeting (Young Investigator and Best PaperAward), and Yahya Cohen Lecturer. Despite his busy schedule, Dr Sarbjit contributes to community work actively. He has contributed actively and is a Committee member of Spastic Children's Association, North-East CDC and Singapore Recreation Club. He has been given numerous awards by the government for his contribution to the less fortunate and community work. Sport continue to be his passion and he is a section member of the Singapore Recreation Club Soccer and Cricket Section. He is also the Chairman of the Food and Beverage services involving running and provision of highly successful programs in the prominent Club in the Padang, Singapore.
- Young Investigator and Best PaperAward
Health articles shared by Dr Singh, Sarbjit
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Singh, Sarbjit
No questions found