David Lau ENT Centre
6 Napier Road #07-16
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medical Science (Hons), University of Nottingham, UK
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, University of Nottingham, UK
- Master of Science (Surgery), University of British Columbia, Canada
- Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (ENT), UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore (Otorhinolaryngology)
- Dr David Lau is an ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgeon currently practising at Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. His main subspecialty interests are in nasal allergies and sinus disorders.
- Dr Lau has over 18 years in the speciality, having worked in the UK, Canada and Singapore. Dr Lau has a substantial body of local and international experience, on-going academic and scientific work. He received his early surgical training in the United Kingdom, working in hospitals such as St Mary’s Hospital in London, the Hospital for Sick Children, Great Ormond Street, and the prestigious Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. He received his Fellowship in Otolaryngology from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh in 1996.
- Dr David Lau subsequently undertook a fellowship in Laryngology and Voice Disorders at the University of British Columbia, Canada from 2000 to 2002 under the tutelage of world-leading laryngologist, Professor Murray Morrison. His time in Vancouver culminated in a Master of Surgery degree from the University of British Columbia in 2002.
- Dr David Lau returned to Singapore and established the Voice Clinic at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH). He is internationally recognised as one of the region’s foremost laryngologists. He directed the first SGH ENT Laser Workshops in 2008 and 2012, first Trans-nasal Esophagoscopy Workshop in 2008, and Workshop on Multidisciplinary Management of Dysphagia & Swallowing in 2010, alongside many other workshops and seminars for GPs and other ENT specialists.
- Dr Lau has presented numerous research papers at local, regional and international otolaryngology conferences, and has won several awards for his clinical and research work, including at the notable COSM meeting in the USA. He is also widely-published in numerous publications and journals including the Laryngoscope, Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgery, Clinical Otolaryngology, and Head & Neck. He was senior clinical lecturer at Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
- he is also currently on the examining board of the Master of Medicine and Academy of Medicine Otolaryngology examinations and continues with cross-disciplinary research and teaching.
- Dr Lau has two main subspecialty interest areas – nasal allergy and sinus disorders. Dr Lau studied the techniques of endoscopic sinus surgery under pioneer Prof Heinz Stammberger early in his ENT career and worked with one of the early movers of endoscopic sinus surgery in the United Kingdom, Dr Robin Youngs. In Singapore, he trained under internationally renowned endoscopic sinus surgeon Professor DS Sethi at the Singapore General Hospital. He has published on clinical aspects of sinus disorders and co-directed a number of sinus surgery courses. He is also responsible for setting up the ENT allergy service at SGH. Dr Lau has practiced endoscopic sinus surgery for many years including revision surgery, image guidance surgery and more recently minimally invasive balloon sinuplasty.
- Dr Lau treats ear, nose and throat disorders in adults and children. He has accumulated many years of experience in the management of a broad range of ENT conditions including nasal allergy, nasal polyps, sinus disorders, nasopharyngeal cancer screening, snoring and sleep apnoea, hearing loss, tinnitus and dizziness, acute & chronic ear disease, neck lumps including thyroid nodules and salivary gland disorders, and multi-disciplinary management of head and neck cancers.
- Dr David Lau treats the spectrum of diagnosis and management of disorders of the throat, larynx, voice and swallowing, including sore throat, tonsillitis, chronic cough, globus pharyngeus, chronic laryngitis, irritable larynx, hoarseness, professional and performing voice, swallowing problems, breathing difficulties, early cancers of the voice box requiring laser surgery, surgical and non-surgical management of dysphagia, and tracheostomy management. He is skilled in the field of voice surgery including office-based laryngeal surgery, use of botulinum toxin in the larynx, office-based and surgical treatment of vocal fold paralysis, and microsurgery & laser surgery of the larynx.
Health articles shared by Dr Lau Pang Cheng, David
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lau Pang Cheng, David
No questions found