Stanley ENT & Sinus Centre Pte Ltd
6 Napier Road #03-06
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- MBBS (Singapore),
- FRCS (ENT) (Edinburgh)
- Dr. Stanley graduated from the University of Singapore with an MBBS degree in 1978. He received the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS) in 1982 in Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) Surgery after spending one year in Edinburg on a Singapore Government Scholarship (HMDP). In 1987 Dr. Stanley went on another scholarship (HMDP) for advanced training to sub-specialize in Head & Neck Surgery at Guys & Royal Marsden Hospital, Royal National Throat Ear and Nose Hospital, University College London, United Kingdom. In 2001, he became a Fellow of the American Academy of Otorhinolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery. He is also a Member of the American Rhinologic Society and the American Society for Head & Neck Surgery.
- Dr. Stanley was a member of the Chapter of Surgeons Committee in the 1990’s as well as in the Organising Committee of the Head and Neck Surgery Course that was held in Singapore. Dr. Stanley was the Head and Senior Consultant in the Department of Otorhinolaryngology (Ear, Nose & Throat Surgery) at Singapore General Hospital (SGH) from 1992. During this period, he went on to set up an Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Laboratory with comprehensive facilities for the training of younger surgeons in this specialized field in SGH. He also spearheaded the development of Head, Neck and Thyroid surgery and Advanced Endoscopic Sinus Surgery in the ENT Department (SGH). This is particular reference to Endoscopic Pituitary Surgery which was performed in the department with the Neurosurgical Team. His other contributions have been in the development of a Comprehensive Voice Laboratory and clinic at SGH leading to a successful Post-Laryngectomy Voice Restoration Program.
- Prior to his setting up his own private practice in 1995 at Gleneagles Medical Centre. He was also honoured as Visiting Professor in Stanford University Medical Centre, Palo – Alto, California, USA in 1993. Dr. Stanley was a member of the Quality Assurance Committee of Gleneagles Hospital in 2004/2005 and 2005/2006. He is currently the Senior Consultant ENT/Head and Neck
- Surgeon at Gleneagles Medical Centre, Singapore and is on the Medical Expert Panel for the Primary Dispute Resolution Centre, Subordinate Courts, Singapore. Dr. Stanley has lectured extensively internationally. He was honoured as International Guest Speaker at the Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgeon Update in 1994 organised by the Canadian Society of Otorhinolaryngology in Whistler, British Columbia, Canada. He also organised and directed an Endoscopic Sinus Surgery Course in Ho Chi Minh City and has been guest lecturer in Myanmar, Brunei and Western Australia. Dr. Stanley demonstrated live Endoscopic Sinus Surgery for at the Ho Chi Minh City University of Medicine and Pharmacy.
- In the academic area, Dr. Stanley has authored and co-authored numerous papers in both local and international journals. Peer reviewed publications were in the fields of Parotid Surgery (Recurrent Pleomorphic Adenoma), Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Foreign Body Complications, Acute Epiglotitis and Chronic Laryngeal Stenosis. He also wrote a chapter (Clinical Presentation) in a book “Nasopharyngeal Carcinoma”. He continues to lecture on numerous CME programs in Singapore and has been invited as guest speaker in Vietnam, Myanmar, Brunei and Western Australia.
- Dr. Stanley’s clinical interests include Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Head and Neck Cancer Surgery and Allergy-related ENT diseases, which he developed in the course of his training and practice of Otorhinolaryngology.
Health articles shared by Dr Stanley Ralph Ernest
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Stanley Ralph Ernest View All
No questions found