Amandela ENT Head & Neck Surgery Centre
38 Irrawaddy Road #10-45/46/47
Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre
- FRCS (Edinburgh),
- FRCS (Glasgow),
- FAMS (ENT)
- Dr Samuel Yeak is an Ear, Nose and Throat specialist with almost 20 years experience in the field. At his Mount Elizabeth Novena clinic, he provides specialised care in nasal and sinus disorders.
- Upon his graduation from the Faculty of Medicine at the National University of Singapore (MBBS, 1987), he underwent basic training and then completed specialty training in Otolaryngology (FRCS Edinburgh and Glasgow, 1993). Then, through the Health Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) Fellowship Award, he attended a one-year fellowship programme at the Royal National Throat, Nose and Ear Hospital in London (1993) as well as a three-month fellowship in the subspecialty of rhinology at the Georgia Ear Institute in the US. Dr Yeak was also admitted as a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, Otorhinolaryngology, in 1997.
- Prior to setting up his private practice, Dr Yeak was the Head and senior consultant at the Department of Ear, Nose and Throat at Tan Tock Seng Hospital. During his tenure, he also served as Chief of the rhinology service. Dr Yeak remains a Visiting Consultant to Tan Tock Seng Hospital currently.
- Dr Yeak’s interest in the field of otorhinolaryngology extends beyond the hospital and his patients. He is an active member of the Society of Otolaryngology, Head & Neck Surgery, Singapore, and served as the President from 2009 to 2012.
- Teaching is another of Dr Yeak’s passions. In addition to teaching basic and advanced trainees at Tan Tock Seng Hospital, he is an Undergraduate Senior Clinical Lecturer with the Faculty of Medicine, National University of Singapore and was the Director for the Rhinology Programme for the Surgical Training Committee’s Otolaryngology Training Programmme in 2002. He has also been an Examiner for the Fellow of the Academy of Medicine of Singapore, Otorhinolaryngology and the Masters of Medicine Otolaryngology examinations.
- In 2010, he received the Best Teacher Award from Tan Tock Seng Hospital as well as the Excellence Award for Teaching (Senior Faculty) from the National Healthcare Group.
- His vast experience in the ENT surgical field has also taken him to various international conferences and courses as speaker, faculty member, chairman or instructor. Travelling to the China, Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand on a regular basis, Dr Yeak has presented on topics ranging from treatment advances in sinusitis and rhinitis to tonsillectomy. An extensively published doctor in the field of Otolaryngology, he also has various local, regional and international journals to his name.
Health articles shared by Dr Yeak Chow Lin, Samuel
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Yeak Chow Lin, Samuel
No questions found