Sweng Plastic Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- 6 Napier Road #08-08
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, National University of Singapore
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK
- Fellow of the Academy of Medicine (Plastic Surgery), Singapore
- Diploma in Practical Dermatology, Wales, UK
- Graduate Diploma in Family Practice Dermatology
- Graduate Diploma in Basic Ultrasonography
- Graduate Diploma in Occupational Medicine
- Dr Ng Siew Weng is a consultant plastic surgeon currently practising at Mount Elizabeth Hospital and Gleneagles Hospital, Singapore. He specialises in both aesthetic and reconstructive surgery. His surgical techniques have a strong Korean influence especially in blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, facelift and breast augmentation.
- After graduating with a medical degree from the National University of Singapore (NUS), Dr Ng pursued and obtained several postgraduate diploma degrees, 2 of which are in dermatology.
- He completed his advanced surgical training in plastic surgery at the Department of Plastic Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery at the Singapore General Hospital (SGH). Thereafter, he was awarded the Human Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) scholarship by the Ministry of Health (MOH) to undergo a 1-year intensive training in plastic surgery in South Korea. During this time, he had numerous opportunities to work with world-renowned plastic surgeons in Korea.
- Dr Ng was an adjunct assistant professor with the Duke-NUS Medical School and is involved in training doctors and residents as a visiting consultant at SGH.
- He has published many research papers and was invited to present on various surgical topics in North America, Europe and many parts of Asia.
- He was the organiser of a grafting workshop at SGH where he and a renowned Korean expert taught local surgeons the techniques of fat grafting.
- Dr Ng is also active in the field of research, particularly in investigating the effect of stem cells derived from autologous adipose tissue on the rate of wound healing. He obtained a government-funded grant to investigate the treatment of trigger finger, which led him to invent a novel patented device to treat the condition.
- Dr Ng has actively participated in humanitarian trips where he performed free-of-charge surgery to correct cleft lip, cleft palate, post-traumatic deformities and deformities due to burns. The countries he has visited include Laos, China, Indonesia and Uzbekistan.
- Human Manpower Development Programme (HMDP) scholarship by the Ministry of Health (MOH)
Health articles shared by Dr Ng Siew Weng
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Ng Siew Weng View All
No questions found