Dr Art Lee Psych & Counselling Clinic
6 Napier Road #07-07
Gleneagles Medical Centre
- Dr Arthur Lee is a Senior Consultant Psychiatrist and formerly, Head of Psych & Addiction Med Services at Alexandra Hospital and also the Addiction Med Dept, Inst of Mental Health (IMH). A Clinical lecturer and tutor at NUS YLL School of Med, he was also Adj A/Prof at Duke-NUS Medical School. He has worked in various professional capacities and assisted various Social & Public Agencies/ Institutions including AH, IMH, NHG, MOH and SMC (Expert Opinion).
- His post-graduate HMDP training was at the Mayo Clinic (Rochester Minnesota, USA) and CAMH (Toronto, Canada) besides study engagements at Betty Ford Center, Hezelden, UCLA in USA, various Asian countries, Australia & the UK. After pioneering Addiction treatment and Rehabilitation with the modified Minnesota Model/ 12 Step Psycho-therapeutic programs in Singapore, Dr Lee was instrumental in further refining a wide variety of multidisciplinary addiction treatment modalities, educational support groups & clinical training for Counselors, Med-Social Workers, Psychologists and Psychiatrists. He also led a dedicated team in setting up, developing & advancing addiction med support services/ training with relevant institutional & community stake-holders in Singapore.
- Beyond acute psychiatry and rehab services, Dr Lee’s experience spanned forensic psychiatry work/ Court expert witness, clinical audit/ JCI steering committees & chairing various clinical, admin and expert committees. Dr Lee was also actively involved in local and overseas Scientific Conferences, University teaching/ training courses, seminars & exams for doctors, medical students, nurses (Adv Dip/ Masters’ Prog) & pharmacists at NUS YLL, Duke-NUS, NYP, SP etc. Dr Lee also contributed his expertise in books & journal articles for mental health, alcoholism, other addictions & general psychiatry. Other contributions included editorial panel reviews for the Academy of Med Journal, module owner/ curriculum writer for Grad Dip Mental Health (Addiction) for GPs (NUS/IMH) besides MMed (Psych) exam assessor & coordination. Dr Lee was also rigorously engaged in under grad/ post-grad teaching, training supervision, mentoring psychiatrists & conducting research in addition to writing review articles, clinical protocols/ algorithms & clinical guidelines (chair/ editor) for doctors.
- He continues to take a keen interest in scientific & ethical advances in these areas - in particular, treatment & also preventive aspects of addictive behaviors, role transitions, cross-cultural adjustments, stress management, problem-solving, multi-disciplinary treatment & healing processes. Especially so, when interacting with patients, families, students, colleagues & researchers across a diversity of clinical disciplines whom he believes have significant contributions now & in the future.
- Clinical focus: Dr Arthur Lee has widespread experience with international and local patients in assessing & treating various mental health conditions in today’s rapidly changing socio-occupational landscape. These include adjustment & mental health concerns, stress-related challenges, relationship struggles, grief, panic attacks, anxiety, & depression. Likewise, general psychiatry disorders, impulse control disorders, drinking problems & various behavior addictions (eg internet, sexual addictions etc). Management involves individualized clinical evaluation, appropriate medication, motivational interviewing relapse prevention, personal/ family education & counseling.
Health articles shared by Dr Lee Kiat Siong, Arthur
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Lee Kiat Siong, Arthur View All
No questions found