- MBBS, National University of Singapore
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians, United Kingdom
- Accredited as a specialist in Renal Medicine from Ministry of Health, Dr Roger Tan has also obtained sub-specialty training in dialysis, kidney transplant and chronic kidney failure secondary to diabetes and hypertension.
- Currently practising as a kidney specialist in Singapore, Dr Tan has a keen interest in treating kidney conditions associated with auto-immune diseases, such as lupus nephritis (SLE), and has presented his research projects in various regional and international conferences.
- With his in-depth understanding and experience in the use of immuno-modulating medications, Dr Tan also specialises in kidney transplant. He strongly believes that transplant give the patients the best survival and quality of life. Over the years, with his in-depth understanding of immunology, he is one of the few transplant physician to perform high risk kidney transplants such as blood group mismatch ABO- incompatible, cross-match positive as well as 2nd kidney transplants.
- Dr Tan has a strong interest in peritoneal dialysis and has been invited to various regional centres such as Vietnam, Indonesia and Thailand to share his experience and educate fellow renal physicians and trainees on all aspects of peritoneal dialysis. His research has won him the Best Abstract Award at the 2nd Congress of International Society for Hemodialysis, Hong Kong in 2009.
- Dr Tan was the first renal specialist in Singapore to perform the peritoneal catheter insertion using peritoneoscopic techniques. This minimally-invasive method typically shortens the length of hospital stays for kidney disease patients, including those with chronic kidney disease (CKD) or renal failure.
- Other conditions that Dr Tan treats include abnormal creatinine, chronic kidney failure, proteinuria, glomerulonephritis, hematuria, hypertension, diabetes, electrolytes imbalance, lupus kidney disease, autoimmune kidney disease.
- Dr Tan is eager to teach and share his clinical knowledge and experience. He has been invited to deliver lectures at many medical conferences locally and regionally. With the incidence of CKD rising, Dr Tan has recently been actively involved in educating the public in the prevention and treatment of kidney diseases and renal failure at many public symposiums.
- 2007, Best Abstract Award, 4th Asia Pacific PD College, Incheon, Korea
- 2009, Best Abstract Award, 2nd Congress of International Society for Haemodialysis, Hong Kong, China
Health articles shared by Dr Tan Choon Hian, Roger
No shared articles found
Questions answered by Dr Tan Choon Hian, Roger
No questions found