Plantar Fasciitis (Foot Pain) - FAQ

Frequently asked questions

A:  Plantar fasciitis may be treated by a family physician or general practitioner, or you may be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon if your heel pain gets worse or if you are unable to find relief using non-surgical options.

A:  The pain from plantar fasciitis may get worse at certain times of day, after waking in the morning or getting up after a period of inactivity. It can also flare up after prolonged activity.

A:  Pain from plantar fasciitis usually develops over time. As it is a progressive condition, ignoring symptoms may allow it to worsen. You should see a doctor immediately if you experience severe pain or swelling, numbness or tingling in the heel, or if you are unable to bend your foot, point your toes or walk normally.

This page has been reviewed by our medical content reviewers.

Need help?

For enquiries, please call
+65 6575 7575

For appointment bookings, please WhatsApp
+65 8111 9777